Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Septembers/End of Summer

The days are flying by, so sometimes I let the weekends crawl and it feels glorious except when I remember the entirely uncertain premise my life is built on here and all the things that remain undone or unlisted or un-imagined. Also I got a matching night suit set and it makes me feel much more grown up. As does the weight, a general sense of worry about the little family I have, the dawning realization the different forms drifting can take. This may not be my last city stop in life and that is, as the kids would say, totes okay, but that won't stop me from slowing down just so I can remember some moments.



I also think a lot about what if things suddenly changed, how would I react? How would I make it through it? I am trying to inhabit calm and I am tremendously ahead of where I was a few years ago but am I where I need to be? Or is that the question I need to live? Sometimes I read things that makes me cry, because of the subject (death in the one below) or topics or because the stars are just right.



This is a beautiful sunset from the balcony of my boyfriend's apartment. I love city lights and the blue orange pink hues make it seem like a painting. If I could paint, I would paint city lights.


Board games (code names duet).


Of course the bathroom of the magic lounge I went to is like this (and there is a magician at the bar and they have a show which you have to get tickets for in advance).


This is a book I read in one go at the library. It is about when the unthinkable act of your child dying happens.


This play is also about when the unthinkable happens -- bestiality.


This is my favorite Chicago magnet right now, so bright and shiny. So useful for drinking Mike's lemonades.

No comments: