Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Reprieves

The occasional, unexpected (but so, so needed) reprieves from things too important to be ignored, places that require presence of body and the brain, conversations that made being quiet impossible, have been the saving grace of this semester. A chunk of time here, an extended deadline there, calm moments on empty buses, and somehow the juggling becomes less frantic. Netflix has been replaced by my lifelong love for reading, and those little breaks to lose myself in a story well-told are wonderful and heartening. Learning to say no, and not letting the voice of guilt dictate all my decisions, is hard and yet so freeing. I would like to leave chastising by the wayside, but till that happens, forgiveness is a wonderful thing as well. I hope your Wednesday has been kind as well.

No comments: