Monday, December 1, 2014

Tales from Bemidji

The lake booms, the ice cracking as we walk on it. It sounds like a gong, sometimes far, sometimes not too distant. It is breathtaking, it is quiet, almost surreal. It is peaceful, there is a restoring calm to the moments I spent on the lake. The winters, the snow, has grown on me. This was a break well-spent. I had reservations about leaving. The semester has been rough, and it felt wrong to leave. There are always too many things to do, even as I am teaching myself the art of saying no to the things I like, to avoid playing the busy game.



It is an unusual time in my life, I feel extraordinarily cherished and loved and challenged by everything and everyone around me. It makes me want to be better. I am back, the madness has begun, I just decided to take on another role in a student-organization today (which I enjoy tremendously). I may be traveling soon, and most importantly, I don't think it is all that cold! It goes to show you how relative life can be. I leave you with some pictures of my trip from Bemidji, Minnesota, where I spent Thanksgiving with some friends and their family, especially an adorable almost two year old who said my name. Yay! :-)

Last round of ice skating 

No filters in this

Blimp at my first ever ice hockey game
(followed the next day by an almost
identical second ever ice hockey game)




Walking across the lake
Gorgeous winters
Frozen lake











No comments: