Tuesday, March 22, 2016

In today's bucket lists and pipe dreams



(I am trying this thing where I cut down on my caffeine-intake. It is hard. Very, very hard.) 
I am nothing if not ambitious in my dreams (and carrying grocery bags and starting new projects and cleaning the house and trying to lift things like furniture and moving from places). It does not always last. It does not last most of the times. But it lends itself to an entertaining life with a high probability of (mis)adventure.



I am also very tired. It is a weird, conflicted place to inhabit, having a million-thoughts-a-minute, so many ideas, so much to do but also living out this tiredness, a constant tug of inertia. No more and probably less than most other people (I often find myself marveling at how people balance so many things, it truly seems improbably to me. I am always impressed). So here is my March madness of pipe dreams

To lay my hands on more translations by Coleman Barks and to read more Rumi, Hindi/Urdu and English verses laid out side-by-side. To find and live more poetry.

To sketch/cartoon more.

More swimming and time by the water. Running (freely). Driving again.

A one day, a five day and a fifteen day technology-free vacation? retreat? Naps in the sun.

★To be caffeine free and figure out if I have any natural energy.

To only use old-fashioned mail with some friends.  To write everyday until I can decide whether I like it or not.

Aam, cheekus, ber & amrood (the fruits of my growing up). Chameli, paan & gajar halwa (color me nostalgic). One sunny, blissful and oblivious afternoon from my childhood.

Travel with my mother. Go through childhood pictures. A family tree outline, just because.

Perform (for humor and truth and myself).

Enjoy some shiny, pointless things.




No comments: