Saturday, April 22, 2017

Day 6 and 7

It has been busy, busy enough that there was little time to write and post this. But today is Saturday night, I have had one of the best naps of my life and I am wide awake in a way I never am in the week. I am a little bored and not in the mood to work. To be honest, I am not in the mood for computer screens either. I've been apartment hunting and that was the only thing I left the house for today.




Fridays are work are always chaotic but taper off by the afternoon. There was a mini farewell and I popped in for that. I went for dinner to this really nice restaurant where I had this beauty of a drink called Asian Sangria. I remember what I did Thursday, I went for an event focusing on equitable funding for education and breaking the school to prison pipeline. It was useful since it helped me learn more about a subject that surrounds my life.

I continue to be mildly overwhelmed always, occasionally second-guessing myself but I am grateful because I know the kind of busy I am, with things I enjoy, is a privilege. I am also thankful for every time a stranger surprises me and friendships become a possibility. I want to be the adult who continues to make friends and family. So days 6 and 7 are to staying open to new experiences and people and working through the pre-plan blues that I get often (anxiety ha!).


No comments: