Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Being back

Being back is crazy. Just of a different kind. We are still wrapping up our second project (we had a two hour long presentation via Webex today). The paper with results from our original project got accepted at a Sustainable Development conference in New York and that's exciting stuff. But again it needs prep work. I've been on a couple of orientation panels at my school and the university and met lots of people. Tomorrow will be my first ever football game here (and tailgate) as long as the rain doesn't spoil our plans. This weekend is full of packing and moving. Classes seem intense this year with tons of reading and pre-work. The sun was out today and I took a nap outside school. And then another one back home. Naps continue to remain awesome. I am very excited about having proper furniture. Also, I miss home. I miss my folks. Sometimes it gets really quiet here (and it is surprising to me as I say that because in the past few days I have been trying to lower the noise and clamor of life).

No comments: