Friday, August 21, 2015

Endless

I found an old piece of writing from a long time back:

It is raining endlessly here. I am told it is raining endlessly in Delhi as well. It is so lovely, so soothing that it makes me happy. Everything is moving, in action. This isn’t a city that is stopping for the rains. It is moving, buzzing, reveling in them. People sit, stroll by, even dance at Worli Seaface and Marine Drive. 

The taxi jolts ahead without fear; so what if water from the puddle splashes all over my work clothes. I don’t worry about my shiny shoes; I enjoy the fight I am having with the wind walking out of office. I don’t usually enjoy the rains but then I am not usually the person I am this time. One ‘pinky finger’ friend less; one heartbreak more.  I don’t have enough friends to lose any. It has been so full, this trip, that I am happy.  The good and crappy plays, the laughter at lunch, the warm coffee, the mutton cutlet that this weather makes so wonderful. I am not doing any of my usual things: shopping, searching and scouting. But I am not who I usually am :). I am looking forward to going back, but I am looking forward even more to going away.

No comments: