Thursday, August 6, 2015

Bits and pieces

The final lap of the fellowship got a lot busier, with work, applying for jobs (endless and exhausting). Today was our last workshop-based session and it felt bittersweet.



I've been feeling a little sick today and so I was off today. Rather, everything felt off. I struggled with some sessions, I felt slower and sluggish. So it was a wise decision to skip on happy hour (no sweat) as well as jazz in the park (really sad about that) and come back home and lay in bed. I added some more material to the black hole of job applications and watch sitcom bloopers. I started trying to follow the GOP debate and gave up real fast. Heck no.

I've had a chance to meet a lot of interesting people who also do a lot of interesting work (in consulting, higher education). I seem to have acquired stuff. I don't know how it happens. I am on yet another countdown and that feel strange considering I just moved here. I finished The Office and I adored the Jim and Pam romance, even though they really stretched it. This is more than a slightly delirious ramble. I've been writing for Women's Web and really enjoying it (but that also means I have less time for the blog). It is summer but the heat relents easily. There were a few hot days and it has been pretty cool ever since. For now, taking each day as it comes.

No comments: