Sunday, June 26, 2016

Flying

The days have been flying. If paperwork and bureaucracy had allowed, I would have been in India right now. But I am not. I am here and the days have been full to the point of bursting. I've transitioned into a new role, which I am enjoying tremendously and which also needs me to handle several moving parts and constantly be on my toes. I am learning to redefine for myself what prepared for the day means as well as to remove some of the everyday decision fatigue.



I signed up for a gym membership, to get some exercise in my routine. What I would like is a regular yoga class but I have not been able to work out the logistics of that just yet. The gym people call me twice a day and I am soon going to block their number.

I went for my first ever funeral in the US yesterday (never gone for a wedding, never for someone's birth but I have now gone for a funeral owing to a gun death. This is the US). It was hard and heartbreaking and life. I wish it weren't so. This is unfair. 25 years old, bright, ambitious, kind, gay and a mentor and supporter for others in the community. It should not have been and yet it was.

Some pictures from the days gone past.

Downtown on a misty day
smack bang in the middle of summer

I could do with this chair

Pinball machine at an arcade.
Throwback to the nineties
There are more pictures but I can't crop them fast enough (damn Microsoft picture viewer) and so you'll just have to take my word for it that making a table is hard. I needed a table to be able to work from home and it took me three days to get it standing (it's still wobbling). I also refused to make the drawer and will throw out all the remaining parts. 

No comments: