Friday, August 5, 2016

...

Decal on a Wall
There's lots going on. Work is in full momentun (and I am enjoying it, even though it has crept a little into my weekends and weeknights). Most days I feel fierce, occasionally I find myself a little tired and today I found myself amused and appalled -- so your regular work life. I have realized that along with the things I do well, I also have to remember that I tend to bluntness and directness that can seem abrasive. I also ask a lot of questions and push hard when I don't get clear answers. This is good to get work done but isn't always a great interpersonal trait. It is what I tend to naturally though and so I have to be conscious about it.

Summer in Chicago is full of hope and sunshine and it is good for my soul. Although without coffee I am nothing. I've been changing the room decor in spurts and now have two walls that are bright and cheerful - one of them has a lovely wall decal sourced via Etsy and the other has cheerful and positive posters from TJ Maxx and Etsy. I really struggled with mood recently and I have decided I can use all the good cheer in my life. 



I've decided exercise is the medicine missing from my life and so I try and go to Zumba as often as I can. I have to work hard to not see myself in the mirror because I will break into uncontrollable giggles at seeing how ridiculous I look (I don't care, as long as I get the exercise and it can help with my mood). This weekend I plan to make it to three classes, let's see what happens. I've to do a passport reissue thing and of course there are documents and notarized documents and passport photos and addresses of people and all the paperwork.

I rewatched Parks and Rec and decided I'd start with Arrested Development. It was great until the prologue season (what happened to Portia de Rossi's face, she honestly looked so lovely in the first three seasons and not that it's any of my business and I am mostly just thinking aloud and what's with the random India trips). I could tell you more such as how I bought an entire cheesecake and am making my way through it. I've had two exploding headaches this week. I'm on my third mcchicken of the day (now that I am not proud about). I'm using a bluetooth headset and it has led to me listening to a lot more music (check out Sadho Re by Agnee, it has been one of my all time favorites). On that random note, have a fun weekend!

Be here now is the most meaningful for me

No comments: