Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Another Day, Another Dollar (Kinda Sorta)

It's hard to believe it's been two months at this point, since we have been stay-at-home. Blursday is on it's way to becoming a formal word but I think for those of us lucky enough to work safely from home, the days are a giant lump of togetherness. I feel pretty fine for a person who hasn't seen anyone (except Instacart shoppers) for over a month and half. It helps that a. I am used to communicating with my partner over phone regularly (cause consultant traveling); and b. I feel fairly fulfilled by my online social life. 

One of my favorite things is a Saturday game morning (which for others is a Saturday game night, given their time zones). It distracts me enough to drink a smoothie with enough healthy ingredients to make up for the various deficiencies I might be developing. We also had a mini grad school reunion, and it's hard to believe we are five years away from that time. 


I've been cooking my way and feeding myself through this pandemic. Some of the menu items include homemade Alfredo sauce, butter chicken, biscuits from scratch, a cake from a box. I figured if I am going to eat rich foods, I may as well make them at home versus ordering from outside (which is both more expensive and unhealthy).

I have the occasional day when I just want to lay in bed the whole day, and honestly that's okay. I've lost appetite for going out much because it's not all that much fun with so many restrictions. Instead I have a bunch of accessories that help me workout at home -- such as a foam roller, which is very helpful. Of course, it's led to a spate of serious pandemic pimples because no good deed goes unpunished. On the other hand, I've gotten my money's worth from my workout clothes. I've always invested in grippy toe socks, which have been great for me. 

Also Blogger has updated itself and therefore I can't left align any of these photos (well not intuitively and I am not in the research mode or mood).









Till we meet again.

No comments: