Sunday, July 6, 2014

Bye Bye Hue (for a week)

So we leave for Quang Nam early morning tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect. The Internet at our hotel died due to a power surge/lightning and it seems like there is a dim chance of Internet for one week. Definitely a scary prospect. (Edited to add: eating crow in Nam Giang). I am feeling much better (there was a moment where I thought I could not go for this visit but then things picked up). Today was spent mostly Skyping, doing some work, getting prints in the hot afternoon (with the Laotian winds bringing more heat in), eating lots of Indian food in preparation for the week of relative starvation that awaits and not doing anything useful. I am writing this from a coffee shop to which we ran as soon as we figured that Internet at the hotel at died. Ok, they are mopping the floors and we are the last customers. I feel a little bad now. Bye!

No comments: