Thursday, July 24, 2014

The last lap

One week left for us to finish our project work here and it feels nothing short of absolutely absurd and strange that time has flown by so quickly. I am ready to be done with work but I am definitely not ready to leave and yet, leave I must. Work-wise it is strangely busy and yet slow. For now I am start to build a list of all the people, places and things I am going to miss and feel a wave of sadness at going. Here are some of my favorite photos:

At Ushi restaurant in Pham Ngu Lao. 
Perhaps an elephant, perhaps a monkey. 
Some of those toys squeak.
An illuminated prayer wheel lamp I spotted during my evening walk.
A canopy of umbrellas at a quaint quiet coffee shop



The wonderful colors and embroidery. The clothes are absolutely beautiful.

Our favorite coffee shop (pictures of our coffee shop lady to follow)

A picture of Why Not restaurant before a family feud split this
space into half and took away these colorful decorations.
I will leave having mastered (partially) the art of eating with chopsticks.
The Indian restaurant, where the staff are so kind to us and the food delicious.
At a coffee shop: I love the hanging moon
The same coffee shop: I want this decor for my room 


No comments: