Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Notes from the Judd Fellowship Ceremony

This is my favorite picture :-).
A friend pointed out I have only one
 'funny pose'. Jazz hands.
The impetus to start this blog came when I was awarded the Judd Fellowship - it was one of the suggestions in an email sent out, and I am glad I followed through on the impulse. I am also glad for being able to keep the blog alive (mostly in spurts) after completing my summer field experience. My relative silence implies lots is going on: classes, assignments, tests, some confusing and annoying project selection processes, attending fitness classes at the gym and more.Yesterday was the Judd Fellowship ceremony, where university staff, winners, donors and friends of the fellowship came together at the McNamara Alumni Center (you know when an event is at McNamara, it is a little bit fancy!)


The Judd program had our posters printed out this year and that was fabulous. As I quipped towards the end of my presentation, I am looking forward to a new wall decoration. The ceremony was interesting and fairly quick. I had to leave early rather rudely, because of a class but I did enjoy myself (both talking about my work at my first ever poster presentation - thanks Judd Fellowship! and presenting to an audience that was fairly new for me). I am glad they allowed us to have guests: we had quite a few MDP folks, including faculty and first year students (a big thank you to our faculty advisor, Dr. Current, for making it and for guiding us through this summer!). Meagan also came as a supporter and I was glad for that (I know that if my mother could be here, she would absolutely love to be. She has been my number one cheerleader for anything I have won, been recognized for etc and I always enjoy these things a little bit more because I know how happy they make her). Also, the food was awesome, as was the wine and the very nice server had a friend named Shruti and said my name absolutely correctly, which is always great!

Here are a few pictures:
I am that tiny, serious speck (I was serious for exactly 10 seconds)

This poster will hang on my wall soon. I am inordinately proud of it.



No comments: