Friday, September 11, 2015

Grumpy, grumpy, grumpy

Things I am grumpy about in no particular order and for no logical reason:
  • How cold and blustery it was today. I came back with groceries (wine) and instantly had to bundle up in a blanket and close all windows. I now feel too cold and sort of feverish to drink said groceries.
  • How long this work week was and yet how little got done. It was a shit show and it was entirely preventable. Also a lack of planning and leading. Instead we had lots of chaos, people running around like headless chickens and yet no satisfying final solution. By today, I had given up for the week. I didn't even have too many words left for talking.

  • How not creative and productive I feel right now. Even though I know this is necessary for periods when I get a lot done.
  • Office parties and games and singing and suchlike. I don't get paid enough (and never will) for that stuff.

  • That I don't get the same pleasure from rewatching Parks and Rec that I get from rewatching The Office. That I keep watching The Office and there is a voice in my head that thinks I should be doing something else with my time.

  • Email trails full of advice that I already know but didn't apply in this specific situation. 

  • The distance between my current and next housing thingy. I don't mean physical distance.

  • How stray ends of hair will always pop out of any hair bun I make. Not in a casual chic way but in a coming undone sort of way.


  • How this house is so dim, the tap always leaking, the elevator always stinking and there are no green spaces around for walks. Also how I am getting no exercise and eating microwaved meals. How they don't recycle and I carried a bag to work today. That was weird.


  • How much the patchy Internet in this house frustrates me. This in part is the reason why many of my side, after-work projects have slowed down.


  • How I can't find an appropriate way to describe my annoyance and irritation with people who won't learn Excel and Google docs and other (necessary to survive in the 21st century workplace according to me) skills and still bring nothing else to the table. But they talk and they talk and talk and kind of win because they tire everyone out.


  • Not being able to make sense of grumpiness and not knowing what will make me feel better (I can't parse out what measures of feeling tired, sick, disappointed, lonely, homesick and behind on life has led to this, but I am sure you can see how it gets all jumbled up).
I will wallow in my self-pity for the rest of this weekend, I hope you have a good one.

No comments: