Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Whirlwind

It has been a whirlwind of a week and then some. Work has picked up pace and is very interesting, especially with a lot of analysis and data cleaning and Excel and processes. Travel takes about two hours both ways and I actually am grateful for it, especially when I am returning home. It forces me to pause and relax so that by the time I am home, I am less wired. I think about what I want to do when I get home (usually the bed has a magnetic pull and I lay on it and watch Netflix but occasionally I'll pack a lunch or clean).


I have travel coming up (yay home, friend's wedding, family) and it is exciting. I have been trying to bring thoughtful gifts with me (both ways). My inner shopaholic has had a field day. It is Fall here and while some days have been really cool, others like today were lovely, a mild breeze, the smell of rain.

All I know is that I am soaking up my daily rituals. Pancakes and coffee, a bus and train ride, a walk at lunchtime, home and the dogs barking, dinner and vague, failed attempts at exercising. This also means that I have been planning to a fault for my travel. What my bag will have. What my days will involve. How I will pack the gifts. It is a futile yet comforting attempt at control.

Till I find more words (the days have been full but the words are missing - writing just seems unlikely for now)

No comments: