Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Almost gone

I leave tomorrow morning. I have a super shuttle coming at the unearthly hour of 5:30 am. Maybe my first lesson is to not book international flights before 2 pm because that may be the only way I can get good sleep the night before :). I am all packed and I think I have everything I need. Sadly the jar of Nutella has to be left behind. I am also happy to being sent away with hugs and gifts and a sunny Minneapolis day.

In no particular order I am looking forward to:
1. Ordering coffee at the Narita airport because my Japanese friend said to order something, anything to experience the customer service
2. Arriving in humid, hot Ho Chi Minh and exploring it for one whole day
3. Visiting the office of the NGO where we will be working
4. Figuring out if biking will be possible in Hue
5. The field work
6. Figuring out how to document what we are doing well
7. Using my free time to explore both Hue and other places.

Yay for travel! Also yay for leaving Minneapolis for the first time in the nine months since I arrived here (except for a brief trip to Brainerd right at the beginning).


No comments: