Friday, May 15, 2015

I did not know...

...how I would feel this close to graduation; or that the happiness would be bittersweet and the losses would start lining up slowly (as would opportunities). So many smiles for the camera, concealing


such sadness for a life about to end and anticipation of new beginnings. I emptied out my desk today and it felt kind of final. But what I knew least was how sad it would make me to not have my family here for graduation. After being asked the question 20 times in one day, I definitely broke down and cried (not in public) because it made me sad. But I know how much I am loved, both by my family and friends. Still it is hard not to feel sad.  I am not particularly excited about graduation, the (expensive) gown and cap shenanigans and I have been joking, that since my family isn't here, I am looking for folks to borrow. Oh well, c'est la vie. 

No comments: